Most of us are looking for more practical ways to save money. Well, here are four ways to save on the cost of senior care which you might find useful:
1. When it comes to senior care, going the route of assisted living is a great option. Though it may seem difficult to save on the costs, there are plenty of ways to do so. From renting a smaller apartment to getting the right level of care and even comparing the prices of each assisted living facility, there is always room for negotiating the costs.
2. Utilize an online-based home monitoring system. For those who are always on the go or who are busy with work, you can save on the cost of senior care by using an internet based home monitoring system to decrease home care aide hours. Even if you’re at work, you can still check your elderly loved ones. Home monitoring systems come with sensors and cameras that relay videos or alert you in case of emergency. This way, you no longer need to pay for 6-8 hours a day of caregiving services.
3. Hire independent caregivers. Did you know that you can save more money by hiring independent caregivers instead of hiring those from an agency? You actually get to pay as much as 30% less for independent caregivers. However, one disadvantage of this is that if ever your caregiver can’t come to work, you might have a hard time finding a substitute. Nevertheless, this setup can be applicable to some families.
4. Hire a home care aide instead of a home health aide. Costs for hiring a home care aide varies depending on the state where you live in. Home care aides are less expensive than home health aides. Try to assess your needs before hiring one.
5. Take advantage of respite care. Did you know that you can avail of respite care to offset home care hours? You can avail of respite care programs offered by your state or some non-profit organizations such as those for Alzheimer’s, etc. For instance, a four hour respite care can save you four hours of pay for a home care aide. Imagine how much money you can save on that! You can try to look for respite care programs online.
Like anything, there is always a way to save on the cost if you’re creative and search for ways!
This is a guest post written by the writer of FindSecuredCards.com, a website that offers not only the best secured credit cards on the market, but also a blog to help you get on the right financial foot.